Serena Williams is wearing a one-of-a-kind outfit at Wimbledon that includes a Nike swoosh made with 34 Swarovski crystals
- Serena Williams began her quest for an eighth Wimbledon singles title in style.
- Williams wore a one-of-a-kind outfit made by Nike for her first match.
- The outfit was in the traditional all-white for Wimbledon, but also included a "Broosh" made of 34 Swarovski crystals.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Serena Williams hasn't won Wimbledon since 2016, but she is going after her eighth singles title at the All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club in style.
Williams played her opening round match on Tuesday, and she debuted a one-of-a-kind outfit from Nike that includes a swoosh made of 34 Swarovski crystals.
According to Heidi Burgett of Nike, the swoosh is being called the "Broosh" (brooch + swoosh), and the 34 crystals represent Williams' age the last time she won Wimbledon.
Williams won her opening match in straight sets.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- A woman who studied 600 millionaires says the key to getting rich has nothing to do with how smart you are
- Trump gives Huawei a big break
- Google to build a powerful new internet cable from Europe to South Africa
- Boris Johnson defends calling black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles'
- Video shows physical scuffle between Trump's new press secretary and North Korean aides
- What George Soros' life is really like: How the former hedge-fund manager built his R166 billion fortune