A man drove his car through a Black Lives Matter protest in Seattle and then shot a protester
- A man with a gun drove his car through a crowd of protesters in Seattle and shot someone on Sunday evening, the city's police and fire department confirmed.
- Video from the incident shows the man driving his car into a crowd of protesters and brandishing his gun before exiting his vehicle.
- The 27-year-old victim told a journalist he was trying to disarm the gunman when he got shot. "My whole thing was to protect those people," the man said.
- For more articles, go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
A man drove his car into a crowd of protesters in Seattle and shot someone during a demonstration Sunday evening.
The 27-year-old male victim is in stable condition, the fire department said.
Video from the event posted on Twitter shows that after the man left his car, he brandished a gun and ran into a crowd of protesters before firing his weapon. (Warning: Graphic video)
Journalist Alex Garland posted a video talking to the victim, who said he attempted to disarm the shooter. "My whole thing was to protect those people," the victim told Garland as medics were holding his gunshot wound. (Warning: Graphic video)
Story unclear at the moment but young man shot on 11th and Pine. Daniel, 26, wanted to tell his story. With the help of other medics I got a tourniquet on his arm. Street medics were on the spot with gauze and pressure. He walked off the scene. pic.twitter.com/g9Ism58YkF— Alex Garland (@AGarlandPhoto) June 8, 2020
Business Insider has contacted the Seattle police department and fire departments for additional comment.
This is a developing story.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- WATCH | SA’s first flights take off – here’s how air travel has changed
- New claims in US lawsuit that alleges MTN paid off al-Qaeda, Taliban
- Kruger, other parks open from Monday for day visitors
- Lion’s Head closed due to ‘non-compliant’ hikers
- Joburg's strip club on wheels gets the show on the road during lockdown