SANParks is offering a 40% discount on select parks and camps this month – Here's a list
- SANPark is offering a 40% discount on select parks and camps around South Africa.
- The discount applies to new bookings made online from September 9, for stays between September 10 and 22.
- The holiday destinations include the Garden Route, Addo Elephant National Park, and Agulhas National Park among others.
With September being tourism month, various holiday companies such as South African National Parks (SANParks), are offering discounts on parks, accommodation, and various camp sites between September 10 and 22.
The body responsible for South Africa's national parks will host guests in some of its accommodations and camp sites at a 40% discount for online bookings made from September 9.
The discount only applies to bookings made on their online booking platform for stays between September 10 and 22, weekends included.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Discounted bookings are subject to availability. The discount applies only to the cost of the selected accommodation and camping.
- No discounts will be offered on conservation fees, Wild Card purchases, activities, meals, etc. A 1% Community Levy will apply to discounted reservation costs.
- These reservations will be subject to the terms and conditions of the SANParks online booking system and reservations made through any other channel are not entitled to the discounts.
- The discounts are not available to the Travel Trade.
The discount applies to the following parks and camps
Eastern Cape: Addo Elephant National Park – Spekboom Rest Camp
Based in Gqeberha, the base rate for this camp before discount is R1,235 per person, and according to the website the rates are valid between August 6 and October 31.
The accommodation, best suited for two people, features two single beds, barbeque facilities, communal ablutions, communal gas fridges and stove plates and kettles to use on fire, among other things.
Western Cape: Agulhas National Park - Agulhas Main Rest Camp
This camp, situated 10,3km from the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse, features different kinds of accommodation including family units and chalets.
The five family units each come with two bedrooms, en-suite bathrooms (bath and shower), DSTV (limited channels), open and fully equipped kitchen (kettle, toaster, two-plate stove, fridge, cutlery, and crockery. One unit has been adapted for persons with limited mobility.
There are ten single units, each features one-bedroom, open plan kitchen (microwave and two-plate hob) and lounge, and a bathroom (shower).
The base rate for a family chalet with four beds is R2,435.
Northern Cape: Augrabies Falls National Park - Augrabies Rest Camp
This features camps sites, chalets, and family cottages with rates from R300 to R2,720 – additional rates may be included.
The camp sites, with a base rate of R300 accommodates two people, with additional costs for extra people and additional cars.
The chalets, on the other hand, feature either one or two single beds and a kitchen. These range between R1,175 and R1,380.
Garden Route National Park - Wilderness Ebb-and-Flow Rest Camp
The National Park between the Western Cape and the Eastern Cape features campsites, tent sites, rondawels, forest cabins, and cottages.
Rates range between R230 to R1,725.
Other featured locations include the following:
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park - Glen Reenen Rest Camp.
- Mapungubwe National Park - Limpopo Forest Tented Camp.
- Marakele National Park - Bontle Tented Camps.
- Table Mountain National Park - Platteklip Wash House, Slangkop, and Smitswinkel.
Get the best of our site emailed to you every weekday.
Go to the Business Insider front page for more stories.