Samsung all but confirms that its foldable smartphone will make an appearance alongside the Galaxy S10 on February 20
- Samsung is teasing that its long-teased foldable phone will debut at its Samsung Unpacked event on February 20th.
- The same event will definitely see the premiere of the new Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Samsung still has a lot of details on the foldable phone left to share - for starters, why people should want one over a traditional smartphone.
Samsung's February 20 Unpacked event in San Francisco is where the "future unfolds," said a Samsung teaser video posted on Monday.
It's a massive hint that we should expect some kind of news or announcement surrounding Samsung's long-teased foldable smartphone alongside the Galaxy S10, which the company is also expected to unveil at its Unpacked event.
So far, no one know exactly what Samsung's foldable device will look like. Samsung first unveiled details about its foldable smartphone on stage at Samsung Developers Conference back in November 2018, but the device was shrouded in darkness.
We're hoping to find out more about its design, the special version of Android that Google and Samsung developed specially for the device, and how Samsung will pitch the foldable as better or different than the traditional smartphone design.
For more go to Business Insider South Africa.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- FNB clients have won more than R800 million in the Lotto by playing via the bank
- This is what Absa's new vertical bank card looks like
- Do you really have to wash your hands every time you use the bathroom? The definitive answer, according to science
- A former Google exec has some counterintuitive advice for anyone who wants to be a good boss
- This young entrepreneur sold out all his luxury leather bags after a single tweet - even Cyril Ramaphosa has one
- Chocolate could be extinct by 2050, but some companies think genetic engineering could save their supply