This app gives you free restaurant meals in SA - but you need to be beautiful
- Models working in South Africa are receiving complimentary meals and access to clubs and gyms through an invitation-only application called Beauty Pass.
- Members are scouted through selected fashion agencies.
- The application gives members access to deals in cities such as Cape Town, New York, Milan and Hong Kong.
Beauty Pass is an invitation-only application for models from selected fashion agencies, giving them free deals in cities they’re working in such as Cape Town, New York, Milan and Hong Kong.
The models receive complimentary meals and drinks as well as access to gyms and clubs through the application.
It operates with a “live map” where members are shown deals closest to them, and where other members have made reservations.
“Beauty Pass is a great tool to relieve models from costly everyday expenses and to help them save money in cities they are currently working in,” a description on Beauty Pass’s website reads.
It is unclear if these outlets partnered with Beauty Pass to give models free deals. None of the outlets or Beauty Pass responded to a request for comment.
Also read: This is the biggest exercise mistake that South African male models make, according to an agent
Jason Smith, Booker at Kult Model Agency, said restaurants and cafes typically partner with platforms such as these to create social media hype about their establishments.
“I wouldn’t say it is big but for years clubs and some restaurants have been trying to get models in so as to market their establishments as the place to be,” Smith told Business Insider South Africa.
He said models with large social media followings will likely be scouted.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This is the best cash-back programme for food in SA – with savings up to 25%
- January is Divorce Month – but Cyril Ramaphosa's celebrity lawyer says you should wait till March
- We visited a new high-tech, R300-a-visit clinic – and it’s a great way to get a quick sick note
- Discovery Vitality is starting to demand that you tag out of gyms as well as into them – to stop fake, no-exercise visits