Rafael Nadal accidentally smacked his head on a massive camera just minutes before his opening French Open match
- Rafael Nadal just beat Yannick Hanfmann in the French Open first round on Monday.
- But moments before the Spaniard walked onto the Philippe Chatrier court, he accidentally smacked his head on a massive camera.
- It is unclear if it hurt Nadal, but he overcame the accident to dominate Hanfmann, winning in straight sets.
- You can watch it right here.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Rafael Nadal accidentally smacked his forehead on a massive camera just minutes before playing his opening French Open match on Monday.
After three successive semifinal losses in the clay season, Nadal finally succeeded on the soft surface when he trounced Novak Djokovic in the Italian Open final, and takes that momentum into the French Open.
Clay specialist Nadal is tipped to win the second Grand Slam event of the year, adding an unprecedented 12th title at Roland Garros to his trophy haul.
But his preparations took a minor setback when he hit his head on the corner of a camera as he walked onto the Philippe Chatrier court to face Yannick Hanfmann.
After the accident, he looked back as if thinking to himself, "Where did that come from?"
Watch the accident right here:
Nadal did not appear to be hurt and, indeed, rose above it to dominate Hanfmann, beating the German in straight sets (6-2, 6-1, 6-3).
Nadal now plays Yannick Maden, another German, in the second round later in the week.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Last week was horrifying for big SA businesses and their bosses — here’s how the losses are piling up
- Promoters of toxic bleach targeted African communities with their 'MMS' miracle cure using a video the Red Cross now disowns
- A video of a YouTuber's wife falling while hiking sparked 'Cliff Wife,' the latest viral meme
- A volcanic eruption in Bali along the 'Ring of Fire' spewed lava and smoke
- 5 gross reasons why you should wash your hands more often