Queen Elizabeth is hiring a pastry chef — but you'll need a totally unrelated skill if you want the job
- Buckingham Palace is hiring a pastry chef.
- The role offers a ton of perks including live-in accommodation and 33 days of annual leave.
- There's one bizarre detail, though. You need to have "good IT skills," the listing says.
Do you love the royal family? Do you also love baking? If so, your dream job is ripe for the taking — as long as you can work your way around a computer.Buckingham Palace is currently looking to hire a pastry chef, according to the official royal household website. There's just one small, strange detail, though — the role requires "good IT skills."
"It's also important that you can follow all legislative requirements, and have good IT skills."
It's not entirely clear from the job listing why a pastry chef would need to be computer-savvy, but brushing up on your IT may be worth it for the chance of baking for Her Majesty.
Furthermore, while the salary is simply listed as "competitive," the role offers the option of live-in accommodation and all your meals provided. Employees also receive an enviable 15% employer contribution pension scheme and 33 days of annual holiday.
"It's developing your leadership skills. And it's delivering extraordinary service, in incredible surroundings. This is what makes a career at the Royal Household so different," the website reads.
As well as Her Majesty and her esteemed guests, chefs might find themselves cooking for the Queen's furry companions.Former chef for the royal family Darren McGrady wrote that the Queen always took scones at afternoon tea but never ate them. "Instead, at the end of her daily tea, the Queen would take a scone and crumble it on the floor for the corgis," he wrote. "It seems the dogs quite liked them."
- Philippine police stormed a call centre, arrested 482 people they say were running a stock market scam on South Africans
- South Africans are paying much more for screed concrete floors - this is why it's weird
- ‘All your friends have had her’ - ads for 'moist' Easy Blonde and Filthy Brunette beers spark outrage in SA
- 40% of cargo space on SA trucks is empty — this new app is selling it, cheap
- Government's advice to beat the fuel price increase: drive less
- This sofa inspired by Marilyn Monroe’s lips just sold for R70,000 – but SA wasn’t ready to pay R120,00 for an ‘egg chair’
- With a cool video using toy cars to re-enact an accident, this Discovery client may have just changed the way we submit claims
- A South African skincare company is about to morph into an engineering company after a weird couple of months