12 photos of Prince Louis looking royally unimpressed at his first public appearance on the Buckingham Palace balcony
- The royal family celebrated the Queen's birthday at the Trooping the Colour parade on Saturday.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's youngest child, Prince Louis, made his debut on the Buckingham Palace balcony for the event.
- The youngster stole the show with his brooding expression and with his hilarious attempts to escape from his mother's arms during the parade.
- INSIDER has rounded up the top 12 hilarious moments of the prince's first public appearance.
- For more stories, go to www.businessinsider.co.za.
Kate Middleton and Prince William celebrated the Queen's birthday at Trooping the Colour on Saturday. The royal couple have become regulars at the parade over the years, with their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte always stealing the show.
But this year, it was their youngest child, Prince Louis, who got all the attention as he made his debut on the Buckingham Palace balcony.
The prince couldn't contain his grumpy expression throughout the event, making him the standout character in all the photos.
While Princess Charlotte has her signature regal wave, it seems Louis' trademark is the brooding stare - and it rather suits him.
To celebrate Louis' first public appearance, INSIDER has rounded up his most hilarious moments from the event.
This is Prince Louis, the youngest child of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. He made his first public appearance at the Trooping the Colour parade on Saturday.
He joined his parents, Prince William and Kate Middleton, and his siblings, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, on the Buckingham Palace balcony during the event. It's fair to say he wasn't very impressed by the parade...
... or by the waiting photographers below.
Even when attempting a regal wave to the crowd, the little prince kept a stern expression on his face.
He even tried to squirm out from his mother's grasp...
... and he almost succeeded in his escape attempt, too....
... but his father, Prince William, was there to catch him.
Middleton tried to stop him from sucking his thumb, a move which caused a major fall-out between the pair.
Louis did not seem happy with his mom for ruining his street cred in front of the cameras.
But it wasn't long before they made up.
It seems Louis has been taking a few tips from his sister, Princess Charlotte, on how to be the sassiest royal.
All in all, the youngster made quite the impression during his first public appearance. Until next year's parade...
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- South Africans are losing hundreds of thousands of rands to immigration fraudsters offering jobs in Canada in ‘the perfect scam’
- These are the most expensive sneakers we could find online in South Africa - including a used pair of Nikes for R29,999
- Watch: Why all images of space are photoshopped
- The Philippines is overwhelmed by 10 million excess mangoes after a bout of weirdly warm weather
- Microsoft says the next Xbox will arrive late next year, and it'll have faster loading times and incredible graphics hardware