Pick n Pay now also offers same-day delivery for R60
- Pick n Pay in partnership with the Bottles app is now offering same-day grocery deliveries for R60.
- It integrates with the Pick n Pay database to ensure purchased items are available.
- It is available at over 70 locations in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Retailer Pick n Pay, in collaboration with the Bottles delivery application, is now offering consumers same-day deliveries of essentials at over 70 locations for a cost of R60.
The partnership between Pick n Pay and Bottles previously allowed for the delivery of liquor, but this has been changed to grocery essentials in light of the national lockdown.
It differs from other delivery applications such as Zulzi in that Bottles directly integrates with Pick n Pay’s database to ensure that whatever a consumer orders is available in stock.
This service is in addition to Pick n Pay’s online delivery offering where consumers can have food delivered by selecting available delivery slots at a cost of R60 per delivery.
Most of these slots have however been taken due to increased demand during the national lockdown, despite significantly increasing the amount of slots.
Pick n Pay said the re-engineered offering from Bottles allows consumers to have access to products at instore prices faster during the lockdown.
Consumers now have the choice of over 1,500 products, and can order over 30 different products in one order (limits may apply per product).
Areas covered by bottles deliveries include suburbs in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban. More stores are expected to be introduced across the country.
“We will continue to review products offered on the Grocery Essentials app based on customer feedback, and add the most popular items. We want to make this as convenient for customers as possible,” Pick n Pay’s online head Jessica Knight said.
Orders can be placed Monday to Saturday between 08:00 and 15:00, and on Sunday between 08:00 and 13:00. Items will be delivered until 19:00, except for until 17:00 on Sunday.
The delivery cost includes a R45 delivery fee and a R15 service fee.
(compiled by James de Villiers)
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Eye-popping videos of SA wildlife - including a buffalo's lucky escape and a hippo clashing with a rhino
- SA’s 5G spectrum is now wide open to help fight Covid-19 – but only until November
- WATCH: Haunting drone footage shows a dead quiet Cape Town in lockdown
- You’ll now be getting at least two Covid-19 SMSes a day, plus info on govt announcements
- Claiming money from the UIF: Everything you need to know