TAKE A LOOK: Imperial is launching a new superyacht that costs about R33.8m a week to vacation on
- Imperial, a luxury yacht broker, is chartering a new superyacht called Lana that's more than 300 feet (91 metres) long and comes with a spa and a beach club.
- The vessel, which can hold up to 12 guests and 31 crew members, will be available for charter, or private reservations, starting in the spring.
- It typically costs around $150,000 (R2.5 million) a week to charter a luxurious superyacht for a week, per CNBC.
- Take a look inside the superyacht that costs about $2 million (R33.8 million) a week to vacation on.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Benetti, an Italian shipbuilding company, has built a new superyacht, and it's more than 300 feet (91 metres) long.
While there are no official criteria to categorise a yacht as a superyacht, Bill Springer, Editor-in-Chief of the magazine Ocean Home, wrote for Forbes that "all superyachts are opulent enough to be equipped with an object that represents the epitome of luxury."
This particular superyacht, known as Lana, will be available for charter for about $2 million (R33.8 million) a week beginning in the spring.
This is more than the cost of a typical week-long superyacht rental, which can come to about $150,000 (R2.5 million), per CNBC. Kismet, the 312-foot (95 metres) superyacht that Beyonce and Jay-Z traveled on in 2018, costs about $1.3 million (R22 million) per week.
It features amenities like a gym, a spa, and a helicopter landing pad.
Clusters of couches and chairs are spread out on Lana's decks for groups to hang out.
The sun deck comes with a heated pool that's about nine yards long.
The same deck has a dining room seats about 12 people.
Sculptures that decorate the yacht's interior mimic the flow of the ocean, according to the company website.
Lana holds 12 total guests per trip who can stay in one of the eight suites aboard the ship.
Seven of them are referred to as VIP guest rooms, and each room has its own colour scheme.
The eighth room is a master suite.
This is the ship's beach club, which is an entertainment area with a waterfront.
Lana also features a cinema room with a movie screen and a sound system.
The spa includes multiple treatment spaces like a steam room and massage area.
On the main deck, there's another large dining room ...
... and more lounging space.
Lana is a motor yacht and can cruise at 16 knots with a maximum speed of 18.5 knots.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- What it's like to be back at the gym: it's eerily quiet and sweat towels are banned
- A popular travel company in South Africa just went bust - and clients are worried about refunds
- We tried new flavoured 'pap sticks' – and the BBQ carrot one was a hit
- KFC doesn’t think you should be lickin your chicken fingers – long after a Nando's joke
- Rio Tinto CEO loses his bonus after the company blows up 46,000-year-old rock shelters
- TAKE A LOOK | Lizards snatch crocodile eggs in a daring breakfast run