An optical illusion tricked firefighters into thinking a building was burning
On Halloween night, firefighters in Ireland were tricked by an optical illusion when a building appeared to be burning.
The Dublin Fire Brigade posted a video of the illusion on Twitter, and it's seriously confusing the internet.
Take a look at the puzzling video.
While it looks like there is a fire in the second-storey window, the fire department explained that the building was not, in fact, burning. It was actually just the reflection of a "large bonfire in the city centre."
If you look closely, the fire is only a reflection - it's not inside the building.
Take a second look at the illusion and you'll see the reflection on the third floor as well.
The department said that they responded to 337 fire calls on Halloween night - about 200 of which were Halloween related, like uncontrolled bonfires.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa
- Some estate agents are very angry at FNB
- Bill Clinton has four words of advice for SA
- Apple will no longer report iPhone numbers after growth went to 0%, and analysts are now worried iPhone sales may decline
- Durban just launched a R1.14 billion highway interchange – with 4 levels and Africa’s longest flyover bridge
- China is building a 'Panda Capital' that's 110 times the size of Disneyland