- McDonald’s says only some of its stores will be re-opening on Saturday.
- Under lockdown regulations level 4, hot food may be sold for deliveries only.
- McDonald’s said its stores will only open on Saturday, May 2.
- For more stories go to the Business Insider South Africa homepage.
McDonald’s has announced that it will reopen a limited number of its stores on Saturday as the country eases its lockdown regulations.
Fastfood outlets will be allowed to sell food for deliveries only from Level 4 - which starts on May 1st.
Consumers will not be allowed to visit the fast-food outlets to get takeaways and food deliveries will only be permitted between 09:00 and 19:00 daily.
Also read: These fast-food chains will open tomorrow
McDonald’s will initially reopen these stores (more restaurants may open in time):
- Bloemfontein (Zastron street)
- Centurion Lifestyle
- Great North
- Grey Owl
- Honeyridge McCafe
- Jean Avenue
- Kempton Park
- Lemon Tree
- Long Street
- Norkem Park
- Paarl 2 ( Riebeeck Drive)
- Pretoria East
- Pretoria North
- Retail Crossing
- Rock & Roll Sandton
- The Palm K 90
- Waverly, Pretoria
- Zambezi Drive, Pretoria
Customers can order via its website.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- How you can help restaurants, bars and other small businesses during the lockdown
- SA’s mall owners slash rent - but there is still no deal with big retailers
- Lockdown rules are due to relax in May – but don’t expect flights, say SAA and FlySafair
- New R350 unemployment grants will use WhatsApp for registration - and first tests have been completed
- WATCH: Spectacular scenes in Lesotho after heavy snowfall