- A limited number of Chicken Licken stores will reopen on Friday for deliveries.
- Under lockdown regulations level 4, implemented from Friday, hot food may be sold for deliveries only.
- Chicken Licken said it will not be expanding the number of stores offering deliveries as the lockdown eases.
- For more stories go to the Business Insider South Africa homepage.
Chicken Licken said a limited number of its stores will reopen for deliveries through MrD and UberEats on Friday.
South African fast-food outlets will be allowed to reopen for deliveries only on Friday under lockdown level 4.
Consumers will not be allowed to visit the fast-food outlets to get takeaways and food deliveries will only be permitted between 09:00 and 19:00 daily.
Also read: These fast-food chains will open tomorrow
Chicken Licken CEO Chantal van Tonder said the outlets reopening is dependant on the whether they have a standing relationship with MrD and UberEats, and if it makes economic sense.
She said they will not be increasing the number of stores offering delivery as the lockdown levels ease.
The Chicken Licken stores that will reopen for deliveries on Friday are:
- Banbury Crossing
- Braam Fischer
- Sloane Square
- Cresta Mall
- The Village
- Midway Mews
- Witbank 2
- Grey Street
- Atlas Road
- Jabulani Mall
- Alberton City
- West Street
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- How you can help restaurants, bars and other small businesses during the lockdown
- SA’s mall owners slash rent - but there is still no deal with big retailers
- Lockdown rules are due to relax in May – but don’t expect flights, say SAA and FlySafair
- New R350 unemployment grants will use WhatsApp for registration - and first tests have been completed
- WATCH: Spectacular scenes in Lesotho after heavy snowfall