- South African music festival Rocking the Daisies is back this year, complete with high-end glamping options.
- Until a few days ago, you could pay R13,795 for a two-sleeper tent with many conveniences, named for the artist Black Coffee.
- That naming association has been yanked, though nothing else has changed.
- You can still stay in a smaller, and cheaper, MaXhosa luxury tent.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
You'll no longer be able to stay in a "Black Coffee Penthouse" at the Rocking the Daisies music festival this year, after that branding was yanked from a R13,795 glamping option.
But you can still pay R8,995 for a luxury two-sleeper tent named for MaXhosa – or pay the same R13,795 for a larger tent with en-suite facilities rather than shared bathrooms, but without the Black Coffee name.
Both those high-end options are due to be in separate areas of the exclusive Daisyland camping ground, where an entry-level "suite" – a 2m by 2m tent with a double inflatable mattress – comes in at just under R2,500 for two people, before you pay for access to the festival itself.
See also | You can rent a Black Coffee ‘penthouse’ tent at Rocking the Daisies this year - for R13,795
Those festival tickets are now R1,195 per person after early-bird offers ended.
Steyn Entertainment, which is behind the initiative, told Business Insider South Africa there had been a miscommunication about the use of the Black Coffee name. The 12 people who had already booked tents under that name had been offered refunds, it said, although nothing else had changed in terms of what they would get.
A representative for Black Coffee confirmed his team had requested that his name be removed from the glamping tent marketing.
Rocking the Daisies has a tiered system of camping, starting at R295 for a basic option, or R595 for access to more toilets and showers. This year it also features an "Oasis Camp" described as an "inclusive space for women and LGBTQIA+ festival goers", who get a "bar, camp site talks, yoga and exercise, change rooms, goodie bags, entertainment and more" for R695.