Nintendo just teased a mysterious new device for the Nintendo Switch that will be revealed next week
- Nintendo just released a teaser for a mysterious new device coming to the Nintendo Switch.
- The teaser shows a circular object that holds the Switch's Joy-Con gamepads. The object is then used in a variety of different applications that look very similar to Nintendo's "Wii Fit" exercise software.
- The Japanese gaming giant says that all will be revealed on September 12 - next Thursday.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Nintendo has a big reveal coming up next week, and it definitely involves the wildly popular Nintendo Switch.
The company says it's a "First look at a new experience for Nintendo Switch."
That's unfortunately where the solid facts more or less end.
A short teaser video released Thursday night depicts various people all over the world using a wheel-like peripheral and a leg strap peripheral to play some type of physical activity-based game.
Both the wheel-like device and the strap are able to accommodate at least one Joy-Con gamepad, which allows the peripherals to speak to the Nintendo Switch console.
In the case of the leg strap, the Joy-Con can even be seen throughout use:
People using the peripherals in the teaser are seen doing a variety of different activities, from squats to leg presses to straight-up running in place.
In so many words, this peripheral - and whatever software corresponds to it - looks to be a kind of spiritual successor to stuff like "Wii Fit" and "Wii Sports."
One thing's for sure: We'll assuredly find out more on September 12 when Nintendo reveals whatever this is teasing.
Check out the teaser trailer right here:
Receive a daily email with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Scientists have found fossilised baby sea turtle tracks for the first time ever off SA's Cape South Coast – and they're 100,000 years old
- South Africa has new draft rules about hot drinks, and Ricoffy, Frisco, and Koffiehuis are definitely not coffee – not even nearly
- Burger King now serves bacon in South Africa – but dropped ‘ham’ from the names of burgers ‘to be more respectful’ of halaal clients
- South Africans are getting lessons on how to use the toilet at the World Cup in Japan – in Afrikaans
- These round homes have survived every major hurricane in the last 50 years, including Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas. Take a look.
- Boris Johnson could soon be forced to resign as prime minister and make way for Jeremy Corbyn