The wait is finally over: Nintendo is making a Pokémon-themed Nintendo Switch console, and it's just as adorable as you want it to be
- Nintendo has a new Pokémon game headed to the Nintendo Switch this November.
- The game comes in two forms: "Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!" and "Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!" It's an updated re-master of "Pokémon Yellow" that comes in two slightly different versions.
- Alongside the new game this November, Nintendo is releasing a Pokémon-themed version of the Switch console (shown above).
This holiday season, like so many before it, Nintendo is betting big on Pokémon.
The Japanese video game giant is launching an adorable new version of its Nintendo Switch console this November, just in time for the launch of a new Pokémon game, which comes in two variants: "Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!" and "Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!"
The bundle costs $400, and comes with a Nintendo Switch console, a download code for the game, and a Poké Ball Plus accessory. It's the same price as buying each item a la carte, but the bundle comes with a totally sweet Pokémon-themed console.
Even the Joy-Con gamepads are themed:
Despite the two names, "Pokémon: Let's Go" is actually one game in two slightly different iterations: Eevee and Pikachu. "Let's Go" is an updated re-master of "Pokémon Yellow" that stars either Pikachu or Eevee, depending on which version of the game you buy. The Pokémon game series has a long history of launching in multiple forms — the last major entry in the series is "Pokémon Ultra Sun" and "Pokémon Ultra Moon."
Thankfully, there's only one Pokémon-themed console on the way.
It features both Pikachu and Eevee, and shows their silhouettes on the back:
The bundle launches this November 16, just in time for holiday gifting and travel.
Take a closer look at the upcoming game and its matching console in the trailer below:
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- 9 Cosatu priorities for the 2019 election, including banning private hospitals and a 50% tax on companies
- 12 African emoji we would like to see - including proper sandals and pap
- Australia’s biggest university, Monash, is pulling out of South Africa after 18 years
- Shocking must-see videos of SA wildlife - from hippos flattening cars to lions popping tyres
- The new coal power station in Limpopo will only be used by the Chinese – here’s why it’s an ‘irrational’ project
- The new Rice Krispies contain much less rice and much more sugar. South Africans seem to hate it