Nintendo just revealed its 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games, and the first-place game has already sold over 19 million copies
- Nintendo's Switch is outrageously popular, and Nintendo's games on the Switch are selling like gangbusters.
- Several games have already sold over 10 million copies, including 2018's "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate," and one is nearing 20 million.
- In a surprise twist, neither a "Super Mario" nor a "Legend of Zelda" game is the best-selling game on the Switch - it's "Mario Kart!"
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Nintendo's Switch console is just over 2.5 years old, yet it's already moved over 40 million units. For context, it took Sony two full years for the PlayStation 4 to top 30 million units sold.
Even crazier? The company has a staggering five games with over 10 million copies sold.
In the latest financial filing from Nintendo, we got a closer look at the 10 best-selling games Nintendo has already released on the Nintendo Switch.
Here's the rundown:
OF NOTE: Nintendo is only running down its first-party games here.
It's entirely possible - but very unlikely - that a third-party game is the top-selling title on Nintendo's Switch. "Minecraft," for instance, has likely sold a lot of copies of Nintendo Switch. The same could be said for "Diablo 3" and "Overwatch."
That said, these games are unlikely to have reached the sales numbers represented by the top five games on the list below.
10. "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening": 3.13 million units
9. "Super Mario Maker 2": 3.93 million units
8. "New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe": 4.59 million units
7. "Super Mario Party": 7.59 million units
6. "Splatoon 2": 9.28 million units
5. "Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!": 11.28 million units
4. "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild": 14.54 million units
3. "Super Mario Odyssey": 15.38 million units
2. "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate": 15.71 million units
1. "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe": 19.01 million units
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- UPDATE: Takealot will refund R4 million to 346 customers after the Springboks won the Rugby World Cup
- Hundreds of millions of dollars were shipped from Russia to Venezuela to sidestep US sanctions
- A Cape Town boatbuilder is on track to deliver 190 luxury catamarans this year – and you can pick up your own 40-foot yacht for as little as R6 million
- If you are looking for a R600,000 coffee machine that looks like a car engine, try Mossel Bay
- Take a look: Inside KFC’s new flagship store in Sandton - with wireless charging stations and self-help kiosks
- Michelle Obama calls out the 'white flight' phenomenon: 'I want to remind white folks that y'all were running from us'