Super Mario stays stacking coins.
- Nintendo's Switch is outrageously popular, and Nintendo's games on the Switch are selling like crazy.
- Several games have already sold over 10 million copies, including December's "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."
- In a surprise twist, neither a "Super Mario" nor a "Legend of Zelda" game is the best-selling game on the Switch.
Nintendo's Switch console is less than two years old, yet it's already moved over 32 million units as of December 31, 2018. For some quick context, it took Sony two full years for the PlayStation 4 to top 30 million units sold.
Even crazier: The company has a staggering five games with over 10 million copies sold.
In the latest financial filing from Nintendo, we got a closer look at the 10 best-selling games Nintendo has already released on the Nintendo Switch.
Here's the rundown:
OF NOTE: Nintendo's only running down its first-party games here.
It's entirely possible - but very unlikely - that a third-party game is the top-selling title on Nintendo's Switch. "Minecraft," for instance, has likely sold a lot of copies of Nintendo Switch. The same could be said for "Diablo 3" and "DOOM."
That said, these games are unlikely to have reached the sales numbers represented by the top five games on the list below.
10. "Kirby Star Allies": 2.42 million units
9. "Mario Tennis Aces": 2.53 million units
8. "1-2 Switch": 2.86 million units
7. "Super Mario Party": 5.3 million units
6. "Splatoon 2": 8.27 million units
5. "Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!": 10 million units
"Pokémon Let's Go: Pikachu!"/Nintendo
4. "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild": 11.68 million units
Ben Gilbert/Business Insider
3. "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate": 12.08 million units
"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate"/Nintendo
2. "Super Mario Odyssey": 13.76 million units
1. "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe": 15.02 million units
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa: