Neymar and a pair of his Paris Saint Germain teammates have contracted coronavirus after vacationing in Ibiza
- Neymar is one of three Paris Saint Germain players who have tested positive for COVID-19, reports French newspaper L'Equipe.
Angel Di Maria and Leandro Paredes are the other two infected players.
All three were tested upon their return from Ibiza, where they had been vacationing since club's defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Brazilian soccer superstar Neymar is the latest major sporting name to contract COVID-19 after testing positive for the virus following a vacation in Ibiza, French newspaper L'Equipe reported Wednesday.
Paris Saint Germain confirmed on Wednesday that three of its players had contracted the virus, but did not name them.
L'Equipe, however, reports that Neymar and his teammates Angel Di Maria and Leandro Paredes are the three infected.
The trio were tested upon their return from Ibiza, where they had been vacationing after the club's 1-0 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League final last month.
Neymar, Di Maria, and Paredes all now face a mandatory one week quarantine, placing them out of action until just a day before PSG plays its first game of the Ligue 1 season against RC Lens on September 10.
It is not known whether the men are displaying symptoms of the virus.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Discovery sacked 10 employees over a private ‘WhatsApp support group’ it accuses of sabotage
- 50,000 flats are planned in Pretoria East - for people who earn less than R18,000 a month
- SA now has an official government Covid-19 tracing app – here’s how it works
- MTN's new month-to-month contracts: cheaper than prepaid, but 30% pricier than normal contracts
- WATCH | A supermarket #JerusalemaChallenge in Limpopo – plus a marriage proposal