- An extravagant private jet package will let you celebrate New Year's Eve twice - in Sydney, Australia and then in Los Angeles.
- The party starts in Sydney on December 31 at 8PM and then guests make the 13.5-hour flight to Los Angeles.
- The package costs about R3.7 million to charter the entire aircraft or just shy of R464,000 per person if eight friends book together.
- The private jet will be festively decorated and outfitted with state-of-the-art entertainment systems, as well as cuvée Champagne, and dishes such as caviar, lamb tartare, and lobster.
A luxurious private jet package will let you celebrate New Year's Eve twice on two different continents, first in Sydney, Australia, and then in Los Angeles.
Carol Cork, marketing director of PrivateFly, the private jet booking company offering the package, said in a press release that the package is the ultimate way to ring in the new year "in two of the world's most iconic locations."
"The flight time from Sydney to LA in a Gulfstream G550 is 13.5 hours, so with the 19-hour time difference, you get to replay over 5.5 hours of party time, by flying eastwards," she continued.
Cork added that the flight timing is so tight that it's only possible by private jet. The package costs $255,500 (about R3.7 million) to charter the entire aircraft or $31,950 (just shy of R464,000) per person if eight friends book together.
It's quite the jam-packed itinerary. The party starts at 8:00PM on December 31 in Sydney, at "one of the city's glamorous night stops or VIP parties," according to PrivateFly.
Guests celebrate the New Year at midnight with a view of the famous fireworks in the harbour.
At 2AM, party goers will take off from Sydney in a Gulfstream G550, one of the most popular private jet models.
PrivateFly notes that the time in LA is 19 hours behind Sydney, so if you can make the journey between the two cities in less time than that, you can fly "back in time" and arrive several hours before you left.
The plane lands in Los Angeles at 8:30PM California time, "where the night is still young and there's time to head to your party of choice," PrivateFly says.
Guests then ring in the New Year a second time in the City of Angels.
PrivateFly offers two different in-flight experiences: The "Wellness" package or the "Festive Flight."
For the Wellness experience, the private flight attendant will adjust the lighting and temperature of the jet's cabin for the "optimum restful flight experience," according to PrivateFly. Passengers can lounge in designer pyjamas and slippers, pamper their skin with luxury skincare products and masks, and sip detox juices. There's also a "VIP vitamin-packed" catering menu. The cabin includes a master bedroom and separate flat single beds, outfitted with deluxe bedding.
The "Festive Flight," on the other hand, is for "those looking to continue the celebrations at 13,700m," reads PrivateFly's press release. Guests can party in the festively-decorated cabin with the help of state-of-the-art music and entertainment systems, cuvée Champagne, and dishes such as caviar, lamb tartare, and lobster.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- To get into Harvard, Oxford or Stanford, SA teens must do these two things
- An 'evil genius' tricked her dad with a Christmas prank 2 years in the making, and the internet can't stop laughing
- A NASA probe is going to visit Ultima Thule, the farthest object humanity has ever tried to reach, on New Year's Day
- 13 classic games you can download for your iPhone or Android for free
- 3 ways to change the subject of a conversation without making it awkward
- Watch: Huskies in Christmas hats sledding on a South African beach