New survey reveals PCs have become the most important tool in people's lives
When it comes to navigating modern life, there are a handful of devices that have become crucial to our day-to-day operations.
Be it a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or a personal computer (PC), the new reality of remote working and lockdown living has amplified the importance of owning adequate devices.
A new Windows survey has revealed that PCs have become the centre of people’s lives again, with 67% saying they would rather be given a new PC than a smartphone.
According to the Windows consumer survey, two-thirds of respondents feel that a good performing PC has become their most important device. The same data revealed that there was also a 29% year-on-year increase in time spent in Windows compared to pre-Covid-19, and a 16% year-on-year sell through of older devices.
Consumers are looking for the same personalised and convenient experiences that a smartphone provides but on more powerful devices. Among the four major challenges facing customer computing needs include:
- More time is being spent on a computer and screen time has increased tremendously.
- People are isolated and crave connection, but current devices are limited.
- People want to know they can perform all their tasks wherever they are, on any device.
- People love the way they can interact on their phones, and want that experience on a PC.
As more and more professionals, students, gamers and many more settle into a life lived remotely, hardware and software developers are tasked with finding operating systems and devices that suit consumer needs.
Now, Windows 11 is being launched with the aim of bringing customers closer to what they love, with PC manufacturers like HP offering devices capable of making the new Windows upgrade seamless and easy for your device.
Bringing consumers closer to what they want
Windows is the most used operating system in the world, accounting for a 71% share of the desktop, tablet, and console OS market as of September 2021, according to Statista. Whether you are looking for premium productivity, wanting to replace your old devices, you’re a student or a gamer, the new Windows 11 is geared toward allowing you take on whatever’s next through a free upgrade of your Windows software.
Furthermore, purchasing a device that still operates on Windows 10 makes a consumer eligible to download the Windows 11 upgrade, for free. HP has a full line of Windows 11 PCs available now, and their website also allows you to check if your existing PC is Windows 11 ready.
Taking customer feedback to heart, the new Windows operating system will make it easier to connect through the power of an open ecosystem, and is being billed to be the most reliable, secure, connected and high-performing release of any Windows operation system.
Product developers identified five core consumer needs that will be met with the Windows 11 upgrade, to help users connect with people, be more productive, and enjoy better functionality:
- Simplicity – Snap layouts, desktops, redocking experiences and a vast array of apps will allow users to navigate and multi-task between apps easily.
- Connectedness – Windows Chat will allow users to text, chat, voice or video call others with the click of a button.
- Defragmentation – Widgets, personalised news feeds, edge performance and the new Microsoft store will get you the news, entertainment features faster.
- Games – be able to experience the best gameplay with the broadest array of titles. Features include Direct X12 Ultimate with direct storage; auto-HDR; Day One access and an Xbox GamePass for cloud gaming.
- Ease and choice – available on devices across price points, with the latest innovations in touch, tablet, pen and voice.
It has the power and security of Windows 10 with a redesigned and refreshed look, new tools, sounds, and apps. Every detail has been considered, and all of it comes together to bring you a refreshing experience on an HP PC.
The HP EliteBook Series of products are beautifully designed, secure and manageable with powerful collaboration tools to keep you productive from anywhere. The ProBook Series is a balance of great design and affordability, thin and light with performance, security and durability for professionals at growing companies. The 200 Series is the value-priced offering but packs all the features for a mobile and modern professional.
Find out how which HP devices equip you to download Windows 11 for free, as well as more frequently asked questions on Windows 11 HERE.
This post was sponsored by HP and produced by BrandStudio24.