Here are all 64 of the new emoji we're getting this year
- Unicode released a preview of the new emoji coming to smartphones in 2020.
- They include more animals, non-gendered characters, and other features.
- Notable new additions include a ninja, bubble tea, and the trans flag.
- Here's a look at all 64 of the just-announced new generation of emoji.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Unicode, the cross-industry consortium that decides on text-based standards for the internet, announced 64 new emoji today, with more options for animals, plants, and more. Those emoji include polar bears, bubble tea, and even the trans flag.
Now that they've been approved by the Unicode consortium, it's only a matter of time before they come to a smartphone or PC near you.
Check out all 64 new emoji here:
Smiling face with tear
Pinched fingers (with skin tones)
Ninja (with skin tones)
Person in tuxedo (with skin tones)
Woman in tuxedo (with skin tones)
Person with veil (with skin tones)
Man with veil (with skin tones)
Woman feeding baby (with skin tones)
Man feeding baby (with skin tones)
Person feeding baby (with skin tones)
Mx. Claus (with skin tones)