Natalie Portman thought she was texting her cousin Meryl and was actually texting Meryl Streep
- Natalie Portman appeared on "Late Night with Seth Meyers" on Thursday.
- During the interview, Portman told the story of how she accidentally texted Meryl Streep.
- Portman says that her cousin, an illustrator also named Meryl, moved to LA recently, and that she's been inviting her to a lot of her family's Jewish holiday celebrations.
- When Meryl didn't respond to a few of her recent invitations she grew worried, then realised that she had been texting the other Meryl in her phone: Meryl Streep.
- Portman's cousin Meryl found it hilarious, and gifted the actress an illustration of Streep with the caption, "Natalie may you be inscribed in the book of life. And stop texting me."
- Watch the full clip below.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- A Chinese company reportedly created a photo with such high resolution, you can zoom from thousands of metres away to see people's facial expressions
- The global gender gap will take more than 100 years to close — here are the countries with the highest and lowest gender gap around the world
- 10 flying objects people have mistaken for alien spaceship
- You're probably opening Champagne the wrong way — and serving it in the wrong glass. Here's what you should be doing instead, according to an expert
- South African triathletes earn R40,000 from a single event and travel the world – here’s how to become one