We tried all the new menu items at Nando's - here's what we will definitely order again
- Nando's recently launched its spring menu, and we think the wrap and frosted raspberry lemonade drink are totally worth ordering again.
- The new menu items consist of a PERInaise burger, wrap and pita - all of which have caramelised onions and avo slices.
- The menu also has two frosted drinks - raspberry lemonade and coco-pine.
- For more stories, go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Nando's has launched its spring menu, and new meals feature a PERInaise burger, a pita and a wrap - as well as two new frosted drinks. All three meals come with caramelised onion and avo slices.
Business Insider tried all three, and here's what we though.
The PERInaise, avo and caramelised onion burger wasn't too bad - but it wasn't amazing either…
At R79 - R3 less than a standard chicken burger from Nando's - it's pretty similar to the original, just with the added avocado, PERInaise and caramelised onions.
The presentation was a bit sloppy, but the buns and other ingredients were fresh. The mild version of the burger was pretty spicy and the caramelised onions were a welcome addition.
The wrap was juicy and full of flavour....
The wrap – which we also ordered mild – contained chicken strips, diced cucumber, avocado slices, tomato, and caramelised onion. The combination was juicy and flavourful.
The sweetness of the caramelised onions just added to the flavour.
Verdict: 8.5/10 – a score that would have easily been a 10 had the chips been above average.
The pita wasn’t as average as the burger - but it wasn’t mind blowing either...
With chicken strips, diced cucumber, tomato, lettuce, avocado slices and caramelised onion stuffed in a pita pocket, the mild version of the meal was pretty spicy.
It was better than the burger, but not as good as the wrap.
Verdict: 7/10 – also because the chips seemed just a bit too stale.
The menu also includes two slushy-like beverages...
The drinks come in two flavours - Raspberry Lemonade and the Coco-Pine.
Both frosted drinks – that will set you back R25 – were refreshingly tasty. But be warned, the brain freeze is real!
The slightly sweeter Raspberry Lemonade drink just edged out the Coco-Pine, which had a bit of a granadilla taste to it.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- We tracked 21 braai essentials since 2019 – and some chains are now significantly cheaper
- A man denied R505 in an insurance promotion, for cars worth R2.7m, fought Old Mutual – and won
- 217 new emoji will be coming to your phone — see them all
- Discovery director sells R387 million in shares over two days
- Woolworths now sells Birkenstocks - and will add more brands as it fixes fashion 'mistakes'