YouTube Music is now in South Africa - we look at the best (and cheapest) ways to stream music
YouTube’s ad-free music streaming, YouTube Music, launched in South Africa in March, for just R59.99 a month.
Like Spotify and Joox, the subscription service allows users to download music for offline playback, but it also includes covers and remixes that are unique to YouTube.
YouTube also offers a free version which includes adverts.
South Africans now have at least nine music streaming platforms to choose from.
Prices for Apple Music, Spotify, Joox, Google Play, YouTube music and Deezer start at R59.99 a month, with Simfy Africa costing R60 and Jay-Z's Tidal costing roughly R135 a month.
Business Insider South Africa compared the prices and functionalities of music streaming services in South Africa.
For more, go to Business Insider South Africa.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- We’ve compared the fried chicken from KFC, Popeyes, and Hungry Lion – and the winner was clear
- Britain just laid out plans to end the internet's Wild West days and take a world-leading role in regulating big tech
- One Day Only's claim about a discount was misleading, a regulator finds – again
- South Africa’s first ever e-visas are now available in New Zealand – visitors can now print visas at home
- These SA jobs will pay up to R1 million a year – and you don’t need a degree