MTN is giving away 1GB of free data from next week – but there is a big catch
- From 8 August MTN will be offering 1GB of free data as an incentive for downloading its app, MyMTN.
- You have to a be a first-time downloader of the app to qualify – but that's not the big catch.
- The 1GB data is only valid for one day, so be ready to use it.
Between 8 August and the end of December, MTN is offering 1GB of free data to customers who download its app, MyMTN.
The app allows it to promote key products and services, MTN said on Thursday, increasing its ability to offer great deals.
The app is free, and a small download; the Android version is 15MB. It is also free to use.
The promotion only applies to first-time downloaders of the app – but that is not the big catch.
The free data bundle will be activated within 24 hours of the download, MTN says, and customers will be notified when it kicks in. The it "will be valid for one day".
MTN confirmed that the data will not roll over but is use-it-or-lose-it.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Headhunted black executives are offered 10% more than white peers in SA – but the premium is shrinking
- Fast food deliveries are exploding in South Africa - here are the winners
- These 6 types of property will likely be the first expropriated - here's why
- South Africans may soon be able to pay bills, buy clothes and get flight tickets through WhatsApp - here’s how it’ll work