1. The rand is, at last, on the right side of R14/$ - at R13.91 this morning. The dollar is under pressure as investors contemplated the impact of the US election. With the Democrats taking control of the House of Representatives, this probably means the end of US president Donald Trump's tax cuts and deregulation, investors reckon.
2. The rand didn't even blink following the news that the public protector is investigating public enterprises minister Pravin Gordhan. Gordhan will appear before Busisiwe Mkhwebane next week in connection the early retirement package offered to former SA Revenue Service (Sars) exec Ivan Pillay eight years ago.
3. Steinhoff has referred three more of its former executives to the South African police, Bloomberg reported. Steinhoff believes they may have been involved in accounting irregularities. The police is already investigating Markus Jooste.
4. Telkom mobile clients will be able to roam on Vodacom networks from next year, following an agreement between the two companies.
5. The SA Reserve Bank has warned that if MTN was forced to repay $10bn to the Nigerian government, it could risk our financial system. The Nigerian bank accused MTN of moving the funds out of the country illegally.
3 products you need to maintain your mustache
November means Movember, and that means mustaches - lots of them.
Movember marks the month when thousands of men grow out their upper-lip hair in order to raise awareness for men's health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and suicide prevention.
In truth, four weeks is not a long time to grow some serious upper lip hair. INSIDER spoke to Dan Glass, a senior barber at Murdock London and proud mustache owner, to find out the mistakes guys make when they grow one - and how guys can make the most of the month.
Glass told us it pays to use the right products to maintain a healthy 'stache, although some are completely unnecessary.
"You want to make sure you stimulate as much facial hair growth as possible and, when it comes to looking after it, if you're going to trim it at all that you trim it very delicately," Glass says.
Scroll down to see the three key products you need in your arsenal this Movember.
"Over the course of the month, I'd recommend using a drop of facial scrub every three days or so to clear away any dead skin and stimulate the hair follicles to grow out and fill out as much as possible," Glass says.
According to FashionBeans, using a face scrub will also help remove and prevent ingrown hairs, which can be an added source of irritation.
Since Movember is - by definition- one month long, you're unlikely to grow lip hair significant enough to warrant a beard oil. Glass says you should really only be looking at using oil if your hair is around 2.5cm in length.
Instead, the barber recommends a good beard moisturiser, which "is not only going to strengthen the hair, but is also going to moisturise the skin underneath and remove any irritation that you're going to get from it growing out."
It's really only towards the end of the month when you should be looking at any styling products, Glass says.
As with beard oil, it's unlikely your that your lip foliage will justify the use of any heavy styling product like wax over the course of four weeks.
"Wax is a very heavy, very defining product for those really big kinds of Colonel Mustard mustaches," Glass says.
However, you shouldn't be afraid to dabble in a bit of pomade, he adds.
"Towards the end of the month when the mustache is filling out, there's no harm in using something like a drop of pomade to define the mustache, get a nice little bit of shine on there, but it will probably only be by the middle of the month onwards."
Team your pomade with the face scrub and moisturiser and you'll be in for a very comfortable, stylish Movember.
Reporting by Tom Murray
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa
- Discovery Vitality made a massive R603 million profit last year – as members fail to use their perks
- South Africa is five times bigger than the UK - here's how our size compares to other countries
- This is the only one of South Africa’s 72 entry points where environment officials check for alien creatures - and those that sneak through cost us billions
- Half of richer, online South Africans want to buy cryptocurrencies – here’s what’s holding them back
- Malusi Gigaba's sex tape is trending on the world's biggest porn site
- A beauty brand is selling a R280 tooth polish that's essentially makeup for your teeth
- An overnight British Airways flight turned into a 77-hour nightmare journey for over 200 people