These are the 10 most expensive streets in Gauteng - and nine of them are in the same suburb
- The most expensive street in Gauteng is Killarney Road, Sandhurst - where the average property is valued at R26 million, according to the Lightstone information service.
- Of the top ten streets, only Northumberland Avenue in Dunkeld West is not in Sandhurst.
- Irene Extention 2 in Centurion saw the strongest house price growth for property prices above R3 million.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
Nine of the ten most expensive streets in Gauteng are in a single suburb, the latest numbers from property research group Lightstone show.
All of the top-ten priciest streets in Gauteng are in Sandhurst, apart from Northumberland Avenue, which is in Dunkeld West.
Here are the most expensive streets, according to Lightstone:
Killarney Road. Average property price: R26 million
Coronation Road. Average property price: R25.3 million
This five-bedroomed home in Coronation Road - situated on a 6,000 square meter plot, with its own home theater, pools and tennis court - is currently on sale for a reduced price of R28 million.
According to Lighstone data, there are 37 houses in the street - which makes it the most populated of the priciest streets.
Trafalgar Place. Average property price: R24.6 million
Saxon Road . Average property price: R23.7 million
Stewart. Average property house price: R23.5 million
Oxford Avenue. Average property price: R23.04 million
For R65 million, you can currently buy a six-bedroom house on 8,500 square meter plot with a "tropical, African inspired poolside" in Oxford Avenue.
Northumberland. Average property price: R23.02 million
Jutland. Average property price: R21.9 million
4th. Average property price: R21.7 million
Rivonia. Average property price: R21.4 million
The total value of residential property in the province comes to R940 billion, and measured in the total value of their properties, Bryanston, Morningside and Midstream are the highest valued suburbs, Lightstone estimates.
In terms of house price growth, in the high-end category (above R3 million), Irene Extention 2 in Centurion saw the strongest increase in the past year, almost 7.5%.
Of the cheaper suburbs, Oaktree AH (in the bracket of R1.5 million to R3 million) saw growth of 8.9%, Withok Estates (in the bracket of R750,000 to R1.5 million) saw house price growth, while Protea Glen Extension 29 in Soweto saw a rise of 16.4% in house prices
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- FNB’s eBucks will soon give you 15% back on KFC meals - as long as you aren't too rich, or too poor
- Earn less than R500,000 a year? SARS says you don't have to file returns - here's why you probably should
- Tongaat Hulett scandal: Deloitte replaces senior auditors and launches an internal investigation
- SA’s economy is shrinking at an alarming rate – and only oranges and interest rates are offering hope
- A 260km trip to the bank: here’s how hard Standard Bank’s branch closures will hit the Northern Cape, Free State, and other provinces