Today’s business update – and where to get a Covid-19 shot in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban
From Business Insider South Africa:
Commuters are relying even more on taxis – as government pushes mass transit options Google will help deliver Elon Musk's Starlink internet service under new deal
1. Suspended ANC secretary general Ace Magashule has launched the process of legally challenging his party's position that people being prosecuted for corruption should step aside. He will apparently argue that the rule was created just to boot him out.
2. American (but South African born) biotech billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong got a hat-tip from Cabinet for his R3 billion plan to restart primary vaccine production in South Africa.
3. A lot of things are due to happen on Monday or before: visits to old-age homes, the release of a list of thousands of vaccine sites, and a big surge in immunity as older people finally start getting Covid-19 vaccines. But in some cases a month after registration, the vast majority of over-60s still have no idea where and when to go for their shots.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Bill Gates reportedly told his golf buddies that his marriage to Melinda Gates was 'loveless'
- 8 photos show the chaos of ongoing petrol shortages across the US
- Fauci: 'If you're vaccinated and outside, put aside your mask'
- Law in India preventing local charities from accessing global Covid-19 donations