A fashion designer sent models down the runway wearing tiny handbags that were so small they couldn't hold a lipstick
- On Monday, models walked down the runway at Paris Fashion Week holding miniature handbags designed by Jacquemus.
- The styles are part of the French fashion label's Womenswear Fall/Winter 2019/2020 collection.
- The micro bags appear to have been so small that models could carry them using a single finger.
- Jacquemus also showcased oversized bags during the fashion show.
- While its unclear how much the brand's runway designs will eventually cost, similar micro bags are sold on the Jacquemus website for R6,736.
A luxury fashion brand has created the handbag of your dreams - that is, if you're looking for a purse that isn't actually capable of holding anything.
On Monday, models walked down the runaway at Paris Fashion Week holding miniature handbags that appear to have been small enough to carry with a single finger.
The bags were designed by Jacquemus as part of the French fashion label's Womenswear Fall/Winter 2019/2020 collection.
However, each bag shared one detail in common: a gold "J" encrusted on the right corner.
But micro bags weren't the only accessories carried during the fashion show. Jacquemus also unveiled a selection of oversized handbags at Paris Fashion Week.
The tote styles were so large that models appear to have been barely able to wrap their arms around them while walking down the runway.
It's unclear when the new Jacquemus designs will go on sale, or how much they'll eventually cost. But the brand is currently selling similar options online. At the time of writing, the Jacquemus online store offers micro bags in a variety of colors and styles, which range in price from R3,326 to R6,985.
Find out more about Jacquemus handbags on its website.
Representatives for Jacquemus did not immediately reply to INSIDER's request for comment.
For more, go to Business Insider South Africa.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- TymeBank has no monthly fees - here's how it compares to other big banks
- This photo of a dressed-up zebra just fetched R1.7 million - a record price for a South African photograph
- This is the salary increase you will need this year
- This new 'local is lekker' ad uses a South African swearword - but that's not why people hate it
- Zulu King to launch a new cellphone network - along with a controversial businessman
- 'Three new navy ships will protect South Africa from pirates and illegal fishing - here's what they will look like
- Anger as Vodacom announces a R49 charge to roll over data - but the company may still back down