People watched models get dressed on the runway at a one-of-a-kind fashion show
- Fashion house Issey Miyake held its Spring/Summer 2020 fashion show during Paris Fashion Week on Friday.
- Throughout the show, some models stepped out on the runway wearing skin-coloured undergarments.
- They were later dressed by pulley systems that dropped dresses and hats down from the ceiling.
- The futuristic ensembles were created by Japan-based designer Satoshi Kondo.
- Visit BusinessInsider.co.za for more stories.
Paris Fashion Week got a futuristic upgrade on Friday.
At the Issey Miyake Spring/Summer 2020 show, some models were sent down the runway in skin-coloured undergarments. Once they arrived in the middle of the floor, ropes floated down from the ceiling above them and seamlessly placed dresses and hats over their heads.
In a video shared on Twitter, one attendee said drones were used to dress each model. In a statement sent to Insider, however, representatives for Issey Miyake said that pulley systems were actually used.
After each model was dressed, they began to hop in place onstage. Their dresses moved with them, as they were seemingly made from spring-like fabric.
The models eventually moved from their spots and began to prance around the runway.
Pulley system-enhanced dresses weren't the only unique fashion displays on the Issey Miyake runway.
The brand also had some models skateboard across the stage while wearing neon jumpsuits with capes.
Later, the show featured long jackets that were zipped almost completely, practically covering each model's face.
Issey Miyake's head designer Satoshi Kondo created the futuristic designs, according to Reuters.
Each garment seen in the Spring/Summer 2020 show will be sold in April for prices between $1,300 and $2,000, the representative for Issey Miyake told Insider.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- A US fitness influencer will serve nearly 5 years in jail for using 369 Instagram accounts to harass bodybuilding colleagues and allegedly faking her daughter's kidnapping
- 7 bad habits that will keep you from getting rich, according to a man who studied over 200 millionaires
- The 10 heaviest players at the Rugby World Cup, and their biggest hits of all time
- A mesmerizing NASA animation shows how a nearby black hole would warp spacetime like a fun-house mirror
- Russia could be banned from competing in major sporting events, including the Olympics and the World Cup, over suspicious doping results
- A man left his job and sold everything to buy a camera. Now he takes stunning photos of flowers trapped in ice that look like paintings.