We learned how much money Melania Trump made in 2017 from her husband's financial disclosure form
- First Lady Melania Trump earned hundreds of thousands in royalties from Getty Images, according to President Donald Trump's financial disclosure that was released on Wednesday.
- In 2017, the former model received between $100,000 and $1,000,000 from Getty for licensed photos of her.
- She also disclosed three companies related to her defunct business ventures, and an apartment at Trump Tower in New York.
On Wednesday, the Office of Government Ethics released President Donald Trump's financial disclosure form for 2018.
While it revealed much about Trump's finances, including the reimbursement of the hush money Trump lawyer Michael Cohen paid Stormy Daniels, the form also provided an insight into First Lady Melania Trump's income.
According to the form, the first lady received anywhere between $100,000 and $1,000,000 in royalties from Getty Images last year.
Getty typically licenses photos that celebrities pose for with their professional photographers. Melania has dozens of photos under a "rights-managed" license with Getty, which in this case means people wanting to use the images have to contact Getty, which then reaches out to the Trumps' representative, who can greenlight their use for a fee.
The fourth and fifth disclosures are related to a one-bed, 1.5-bath apartment in Trump Tower in Manhattan that Melania bought from the building's condo board for almost $1.5 million in January 2016, according to The Real Deal and City Realty.
- Cape Town could get above normal rainfall from June, predict US scientists
- Watch: A new SA virtual reality system can test whether you are good with heights
- You can now open an FNB account with a selfie. We tried it
- Condom ad can be aired during e.tv's Scandal — parents who allow their kids to watch 'can't be outraged'