Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's honeymoon could include a stopover in another African country
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will reportedly honeymoon in Namibia.
- But the royal couple's honeymoon could include another African country: Botswana.
- Botswana is meaningful to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle — they celebrated Markle's birthday there, and the centre stone of her engagement ring is also from Botswana.
The best time of year to visit Namibia is in May, according to Marisa Lassman, a travel expert and founder of Another Africa, a luxury travel agency that specialises in unique and tailored trips across the continent. But Lassman said the royal couple's honeymoon may also include one of their past vacation spots.
"A trip to this part of the world should always begin with Namibia and end in Botswana," Lassman said.
"Whilst Namibia is scenically astonishing, the level of camps and lodges cannot compete with the quality of what you'd find in Botswana. Far better to end the trip on a real high!"
Not only is Botswana a favourite of Lassman's, it's also a favourite of Markle's and Prince Harry's, as the two have vacationed there together in the past, including a trip there for Markle's 36th birthday. While there, they visited UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as the Okavango Delta, and have noted that the trip truly cemented their relationship.
Markle's engagement ring is also from Botswana — with a cushion-cut diamond that's estimated to be five carats, and sourced by Prince Harry himself.
Wherever the couple decides, it's sure to be romantic.
Receive a single WhatsApp message every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
- The 3 most attractive stocks for SA investors right now, according to these experts
- South Africans could be jailed for up to 3 months for smoking in public, a new draft law proposes
- A legendary dealmaker is betting that Brits (and then Europe, America, and Australia) will love SA veldskoene
- Why Mercedes decided to build a double-cab bakkie