- The UK's Meghan Markle and Prince Harry got a new dog earlier this year, and media outlets reported that it was named Oz.
- Markle suggested on Wednesday that was the wrong name, and that the dog is female.
- "They keep getting her name wrong," she said on Wednesday.
- She did not say what the dog's name was.
Meghan Markle confirmed that she had a new dog - but said everyone is getting its name and gender wrong.
But the Duchess of Sussex suggested that was wrong.
While being presented with a photo frame for their dog in Brighton, East Sussex, this Wednesday, the Duchess remarked: "They keep getting her name wrong."
But she kept the mystery alive, and didn't say what the dog's new name actually is.
Watch the Sussexes talk about their new dog from the 0:46 mark in the video below, which was published by Daily Mail royal correspondent Rebecca English.
Markle is a known dog lover and had two rescue dogs before she moved to London.
One of the dogs, a Beagle named Guy, moved with her to the UK to live with Harry. The second dog, Bogart, is reported to have stayed in Canada with friends as he was too old to make the trip across.
A children's book about Guy is coming out in November. "His Royal Dogness, Guy the Beagle: The Rebarkable True Story of Meghan Markle's Rescue Dog" will tell the story of Guy's rescue in Kentucky and his finding acceptance in the royal family.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- There's a huge new update to Windows 10 that's going out — here are the 9 best new features and upgrades
- This is how far R100 in petrol will get you in some of SA’s most popular cars – the winner surprised us
- 14 things you say that will automatically ruin your chances in a job interview
- SA’s advertising authority files for liquidation – and promises an immediate replacement
- Buy a new car - government’s top tip to beat the fuel hike