MaXhosa and Okapi just launched a stunning new range with Riky Rick in London – this is what it looks like
- SA knitwear designer Laduma Ngxokolo and award-winning hip-hop artist Riky Rick launched the Capsule Collection in collaboration with local luxury bag brand Okapi in London on Wednesday.
- Attendees were treated to the international premiere of Riky Rick's music video, which features the trio's joint artistry.
- The clothing and bags will be available online in November.
SA award-winning hip-hop artist Riky Rick and local knitwear designer Laduma Ngxokolo (MaXhosa by Laduma) launched a collaboration with another proudly South African brand Okapi, which produces luxury leather bags, this week. The range was officially introduced during Art Frieze Week, an international contemporary art fair, in London on Wednesday.
The audience at the launch were treated to the exclusive premiere of Riky Rick's ‘I can’t believe it (Mcoins)’ music video, which features the new collection from MaXhosa by Laduma and Okapi.
“The collaboration brings together fashion and the world of music, combining the refined craftmanship of Okapi’s signature designs whilst taking inspiration from Riky Rick’s fashion-forward and artistic sensibility and the Xhosa-inspired aesthetic of Maxhosa by Laduma,” a MaXhosa spokesperson said.
For his part, Riky Rick says he hopes that by merging fashion and music it will expand the world's view on South African art and culture.
The collaboration is now available to purchase at The Shop at Bluebird London and will be launching online in November on Okapi’s website.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This is how far R100 in petrol will get you in some of SA’s most popular cars – the winner surprised us
- 14 things you say that will automatically ruin your chances in a job interview
- SA’s advertising authority files for liquidation – and promises an immediate replacement
- If you have an Android phone, Microsoft just made Windows 10 your new best friend
- Buy a new car - government’s top tip to beat the fuel hike
- The Karoo will soon become a key site in the hunt for aliens