Counter-terror investigation launched after mass stabbing at shopping center in the British city of Manchester
- A man in his 40s has been arrested after several people were injured in a mass stabbing in a shopping center in Manchester.
- According to local reports, at least four people have been injured.
- Counter-terror police are leading the investigation into the stabbings, Greater Manchester Police said, but officers are retaining an open mind as to the motive.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A man in his 40s has been arrested after a mass stabbing at a shopping centre in Manchester, England, that left at least four people injured.
"A man in his 40s has been arrested on suspicion of serious assault," said Greater Manchester Police in a statement.
An emergency services spokesperson told the Manchester Evening News that four people had been injured.
Counter-terror police are leading the investigation into the stabbings, Greater Manchester Police said, but officers are retaining an open mind as to the motive.
The incident occurred at the Arndale Center, a busy shopping centre in central Manchester. A picture on social media appeared to show a victim being treated in a Starbucks outlet in the centre.
More follows ...
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Prasa says SA’s passenger trains are 15% more reliable than they were just 8 weeks ago – and promises things will only get better
- E-tolls was supposed to be solved a month ago – but ‘Mr Fix” has just moved the deadline again
- “Your salary can’t afford that”: SA tweets on #SalaryDepression
- A new iPhone feature lets you make emojis of yourself for WhatsApp– so we made Cyril Ramaphosa, Tito Mboweni, Patricia de Lille, and Julius Malema
- MTN says ‘several thousand’ users at a time were affected by data and voice problems this week
- SA’s global brand value jumped by 5% the past year