iPhone holsters for your ankle and colourful VR headsets were worn by models at a recent fashion show in Paris
Virtual reality has gone high-fashion.
Maison Margiela, a French luxury fashion house, debuted its fall/winter collection on Wednesday as part of Paris Couture Week.
The clothes themselves were avant-garde — think layered puffer jackets, deconstructed overcoats, and some tinfoil headgear — but it was the accessories that stood out: models walked the runway in VR headsets and iPhone ankle holsters.
Take a look at all the weird, wild runway looks.
The theme of the Maison Margiela show was "nomadic glamour."
One popular accessory was the VR headset. Margiela designed them in a metallic cobalt blue ...
... Kelly green ...
... robin's egg blue ..
... and a shiny lavender, which looks a lot like this year's color of the year, ultra violet.
We're pretty sure the designers used Oculus Rift headsets, a virtual reality headset made by Oculus, a subsidiary of Facebook.
The Oculus Rift you can buy isn't as colourful — it only comes in black. Margiela's version, unlike the Rift, is wireless, but there's a good chance they just removed the connecting cable which is detachable.
Another big tech trend on the Margiela runway: iPhone holsters. Models wore them on their wrists ...
... and their ankles.
Margiela designed the holsters in various colors, like purple, blue, and orange.
And, for one final tech-enabled twist, a model walked down the runway wearing a TV that was — of course — streaming the show.
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This is what Absa will look like from next week
- Bruce Whitfield: Here’s why there is no escaping high petrol prices – and what government can do to make it better
- Why Tour de France champion Chris Froome chooses Johannesburg as a training venue
- South Africa will be contributing equipment to the largest science experiment on Earth. This is what they hope to find.
- The new Pick n Pay 'plastic' bag can be used as compost in your garden - this is what it looks like
- Google killed its adorable blob emojis, and it's a huge mistake
- Compare your income to the rest of South Africa with this calculator