The maker of Axe has a new Marmite-scented body spray – and it’s called Africa
- Lynx - known as Axe in SA - has launched a new scent which is fragranced with Marmite.
- It will be part of the Lynx Africa range, and will include a body wash.
- Along with Marmite, the fragrance has undertones of white moss, sandalwood and cedarwood.
- For more articles, go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
The popular body spray Lynx – called Axe in South Africa – has launched a new Marmite-fragranced scent as part of its Lynx Africa range in the UK.
According to the UK publication Mirror, the body spray smells of “lavandin [a lavender hybrid], white moss, and green herbs, along with woody profiles of creamy sandalwood and cedarwood – unexpectedly met with a slightly salty punch of Marmite”.
It will also be available in a body wash.
‘We’ve created the scent for all the lovers, whether that’s Lynx or Marmite, but with the controversial nature of the spread, believe it also might help in keeping the haters at arm’s length,” a representative of Lynx said.
“By combining two iconic legends that have shaped dating and breakfast culture across the nation, we have created a product like no other that is sure to get lovers and haters spreading the news.”
Lynx, which is manufactured by Unilever and aimed at young males, is known as Axe in South Africa and the US.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Restaurants, cinemas and casinos are now unbanned – but must wait for more rules before opening
- 14 massive projects planned for SA – including a space hub and a new Gauteng city
- SA’s biggest cigarette maker is now accepting orders – and some stores hope for 1 July delivery
- Capitec is about to scrap free airtime and electricity purchases
- Investors in the new SAA: Govt is bluffing, experts believe