Watch: Luke Skywalker's lightsaber and other Star Wars items are up for auction
Memorabilia from the Star Wars films, including one of Luke Skywalker's first lightsabers, is set to go up for auction in California.
Under the gavel will be one of the original Luke Sywalker lightsabers which came from Academy award winning set decorator Roger Christian.
The lightsaber, which appeared in the first Star Wars film in 1977, could sell "higher than R3.5 million", according to auction organiser, Brain Chanes, Head of acquisitions "Profiles in History" Auction House.
Profiles in History is the world’s largest auctioneer & dealer of original Hollywood Memorabilia, historical autographs, letters, documents, vintage signed photographs and manuscripts.
Under the gavel is also:
This T.I.E. Fighter Helmet from Star Wars: A New Hope and estimated to sell up to R4.2 million.
A pair of C-3PO hands used in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi, estimated to sell for R840,000.
An Imperial Scout Trooper helmet used in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi, estimated to sell for R2.1 million.
And this original Star Wars: The Force Awakens screen used Stormtrooper helmet signed by Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley and other lead cast members of the film, estimated to sell R1.6 million.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The Reserve Bank reckons a bitcoin-style rand may be coming – and wants to cut non-banks into everyday shopping
- A new male birth control gel is infuriating some women
- These are the top fashion influencers in SA right now – and they can earn up to R10,000 per Instagram post
- Water restrictions didn’t make Capetonians save water – fear did
- This is how much South Africa’s listeriosis victims may get, lawyers say