Pick n Pay rolls out coronavirus perspex screens at till points in 300 stores
- Pick n Pay are rolling out hundreds of perspex screens at till points: 300 stores have already been fitted.
- The transparent screens are to be mounted at tills to reduce the risk of SARS-CoV-2 being spread between consumers and cashiers via droplets.
- Customers are being asked to queue and shop with a trolley.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider's home page.
In another bid to keep its staff safer, Pick n Pay have rolled out perspex screens at till points in 300 stores - all stores will have them soon.
The transparent screens are to be mounted at tills to reduce the risk of SARS-CoV-2 being spread between consumers and cashiers via droplets.
The retailer has also adopted other measures like physical distancing floor markers in aisles, service areas and queues.
Customers are being asked to queue and shop with a trolley, in order to ensure physical distancing at all times.
Compiled by Jay Caboz.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- All the help South African banks are offering consumers due to Covid-19
- Taxis can now be fully loaded – if everyone wears hard-to-find masks – but not private cars
- All the financial help available to South Africans during the corona crisis
- These SA scientists have made hand sanitiser from bread – it smells like toast
- Some of SA’s Covid-19 disaster regulations now provide for a lockdown extension beyond 21 days
- It’s not just petrol: LP gas prices are way down due to Covid-19, just in time for a chillier SA