Look inside the UK's biggest Christmas tree farm
Drynie Woodlands in Scotland is the biggest Christmas tree farm in the UK with more than 6.5 million trees are currently growing over 20 square kilometres.
More than 140 workers are in the field during peak season. It will take them 3 weeks to cut all of the trees this year.
85% of the tree sales are the 182cm Nordmann Fir. It takes on average 10 to 12 years to grow them to this size.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- All of the celebrities who have evacuated or lost their homes as wildfires spread across California
- Telkom is seeing massive growth in cellphone subscribers – and it keeps making more money out of them
- Twitter troublemaker Tito Mboweni ‘postponed’ a Q&A – and even the rand was disappointed
- South African investors waste money by getting these two things wrong, says a top advisor
- Vodacom’s data prices fell 16.4% in six months – and the customers are streaming in
- This is the ‘fainting’ dance craze taking SA by storm – and no, Limpopo is not lining up extra ambulances
- Watch: The 10 Wildest Amusement Park Rides