- KFC announced Tuesday the creation of a new gaming console, KFConsole, which has a built-in "chicken chamber" to keep food warm in while users play.
- The bucket-like console has a cooling system which transfers the heat from the components to the chicken chamber, keeping the hardware cool and the chicken warm.
- The chicken chain has partnered with Cooler Master, Intel, Asus, and Seagate to create the KFConsole.
- "If Sony or Microsoft want any tips on how to engineer a chicken chamber for their efforts next time, they'd be welcome to get in touch," said Mark Cheevers, PR & social media lead at KFC UK & Ireland.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Fast-food chain KFC has created a new high-end gaming console that comes with a built-in "chicken chamber" to keep your chicken warm whilst you play.
KFC has teamed up with CoolerMaster to create the "KFConsole," the chicken chain said in a statement on Tuesday. It is essentially a high-end gaming PC with components made by Intel, Asus, and Seagate.
It's a powerful machine: KFC claims it can run games at 4K resolution at 240 frames per second - more than what the PlayStation 5 or Xbox One can manage. It can also run virtual reality games, KFC said.
The bucket-like console has a cooling system that transfers the heat produced by the components to the chicken chamber, helping to keep the hardware cool and the finger lickin' chicken warm.
"The Bargain Bucket-shaped machine features the world's first built in chicken chamber, which is kitted out to keep its contents hot, ready for consumption during intense gaming sessions," KFC said.
"This machine is capable of running games at top-level specs, all on top of keeping your meal warm for you to enjoy during your gaming experience... what's not to like?" said Mark Cheevers, PR & social media lead at KFC UK & Ireland, in the statement.
"If Sony or Microsoft want any tips on how to engineer a chicken chamber for their efforts next time, they'd be welcome to get in touch," he said.
Stephen James, global PR & influencer manager at Cooler Master said in the press release: "When we were approached by KFC Gaming to make the KFConsole, we jumped at the chance to get involved and enter the console war."
"The KFConsole has been custom built with the gamer at the front of mind. The last thing we want is anyone to go hungry while playing!" he added.
One Twitter used responded to KFC's tweet asking how Cyberpunk, which has now sold more than 13 million copies, will run on the console. KFC replied: "It runs better than any console."