Kanye West appeared to eat his own earwax in a fan video, and people are disgusted
- Rapper Kanye West was filmed appearing to eat his own earwax while attending his Sunday Service gathering, and people on Twitter have a lot of feelings.
- A fan also attending the service shared the video to social media with the caption, "So I didn't even notice but I got a video of Kanye West eating his earwax."
- Other people on Twitter shared their disgust with the rapper, with some even making jokes about the delays on West's latest album.
- Some even referenced West's controversial moment at the 2009 VMAs when he interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A video of rapper Kanye West appearing to eat his own earwax has a lot of people feeling grossed out on social media.
The video, which was posted by user @j0rgecastr0 to Twitter on Sunday afternoon, appeared to show West digging into his lower ear with his finger and subsequently putting his finger (and any remaining earwax) into his mouth - and then kissing his wife, Kim Kardashian.
"So I didn't even notice but I got a video of Kanye West eating his earwax," the user captioned the video, which was taken at West's Sunday Service gathering.
People on Twitter were pretty grossed out by the video, which had more than 3 million views as of Tuesday morning.
Kanye nasty for eating his earwax— mariah (@dankyaya) September 2, 2019
Others defended the rapper, saying that he hadn't actually eaten earwax, despite what the video appeared to show.
I think he picked his ear and the pulled something off of his lip tho lol I donâ€™t think he ate the ear wax he didnâ€™t even grab wax he grabbed his ear lobe lol Twitter tryna drag this man through the mud— Kc (@elykohleoc) September 2, 2019
And some even referenced West's past hits and controversies, including his infamous interruption of Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV VMAs.
I ainâ€™t sayinâ€™ he a gold digger— ashleyygonzalez (@ashleyzalez) September 2, 2019
Several users jokingly blamed West's apparent earwax-eating as the reason why his latest album, "Yandhi," still hasn't been released yet.
West released "ye," his most recent album, in 2018, amid controversy surrounding his politics and his relationship with Donald Trump. The rapper has teased a September release date for "Yandhi," something that Kardashian seemed to corroborate in a recent tweet.
Representatives for West didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Read more:
- Kanye West opened up to David Letterman about what it's like to have bipolar disorder and manic episodes: 'You feel everyone wants to kill you'
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have welcomed their 4th child via surrogate
- Kanye West hosted his famous 'Sunday Service' at Coachella and performed hits like 'Jesus Walks' and 'All Falls Down'
Receive a daily email with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The SABC officially wants to increase TV licence fees - here’s what happens next
- You can now get a legally binding 'lobola agreement' from Shoprite at R99 - here's what it entails
- The pound just plunged to a 2-year low after Boris Johnson threatened a general election, fanning fears of more Brexit chaos
- A pair of ultra-rare Nike shoes sold in South Africa for R56,000 – and the seller says it was a bargain
- Here are the Apple products affected by Trump's latest move in the trade war with China
- SA billionaire Koos Bekker spent millions on an estate in the UK - take a look