These are the cities and sectors in South Africa with the most jobs
- Online job aggregator Adzuna created a list of the cities with the most jobs available in SA.
- Johannesburg had the most jobs going, followed by Cape Town, and Tshwane.
- Most jobs were offered for people in the IT sector in Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Tshwane.
- For more go to Business Insider.
Johannesburg has more jobs on offer than Cape Town and Tshwane combined, a new survey by online job aggregator Adzuna has found.
Adzuna ranked the top ten cities with the most jobs on offer by combing through the more than 140,000 job postings on its platform.
Also read: These were some of the weirdest job titles in SA the past year – including ‘guillotine operator’ and ‘phlebotomist’
It also looked at the industries in which jobs were offered to find the industries offering the most jobs.
The South African provinces with the most jobs on offer, according to Adzuna, were:
Western Cape: 14,956
Eastern Cape: 2,924
Free State: 739
North West: 605
Northern Cape: 479
South African cities with the most jobs on offer, according to Adzuna.
Cape Town: 12,062
East Rand: 2,442
Port Elizabeth: 1,323
East London: 710
Jesse Green, Adzuna South Africa’s country manager, said the most jobs in Johannesburg were offered in the IT, finance, and engineering sectors, with few jobs going in healthcare, retail, and human resources.
Johannesburg makes up 39% of all IT and tech-related jobs on offer in South Africa, Green said.
Cape Town and Pretoria also had big appetites for IT professionals.
In Durban, people in engineering, accounting, and administration were most in demand, while in the East Rand people in finance, administration, and sales were most sought after.
There was little demand for people in logistics, customer service, and manufacturing anywhere in South Africa.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Some ‘farm-fresh milk’ in South Africa is actually imported from Poland – here’s how to tell
- The USA nearly blew up the global postal system – and that is good news for the South African Post Office
- Elon Musk just sold his R60 million home that overlooks Los Angeles. Here's a look inside.
- These are the top-paying second languages in SA – with salaries close to R500,000 a year
- The Supreme Court of Appeal has upheld a R1.7 million award to a widow from the security company that employed her husband’s murderer
- Watch: South Africa’s first crop-spraying drones can legally fly from today – saving farmers millions