Jack Black forgot he was in 'The Holiday' when asked what his favourite Christmas movie was
- Jack Black made a blunder when he revealed his favourite Christmas movie is "Elf," forgetting that he was also in the festive favourite, "The Holiday."
- Black was being interviewed by Variety on Monday for the premiere of his new film "Jumanji: The Next Level" when he was asked about his holiday movie of choice.
- "My favourite holiday film is, you know what, it's got to be 'Elf,' because once again Jon Favreau … and Will Ferrell just knock it out of the park."
- Black then had to be reminded by the interviewer that he too starred in a Christmas classic: "The Holiday."
- "Do I have a Christmas movie? Which one is mine?" He asked. "Oh, 'The Holiday!' Obviously, 'The Holiday.' Nancy Meyers: genius!"
- For more stories visit Business Insider South Africa.
After Variety complimented his "humility" in not answering with his own film, Black had to be reminded by the interviewer that he too starred in a Christmas classic: "The Holiday."
"Do I have a Christmas movie? Which one is mine?" He asked.
"Oh, 'The Holiday!' Obviously, 'The Holiday.' Nancy Meyers ... genius!"
He told the publication that he was flattered that director Meyers had specifically chosen him for the part, but he "didn't really know" if he could do it justice.
"But Nancy insisted that she saw me in all the skills that were necessary to be adorable!
"I'm used to be crazy and rock-n-rolly, which is a little different than this world. For me, it was chance to stretch a little bit" Black told IndieWire.
Black's current movie sees the actor reprise his 2017 role as cartographer Professor Shelly Oberon in the latest reboot of "Jumanji", the original of which famously starred the late Robin Williams in 1997.
"Jumanji: The Next Level" is in theaters worldwide on December 13.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Bonaqua are now making water bottles made entirely from recycled plastic - and it comes from your trash
- Want a loan to install solar panels at your home or business? Here's what the banks are offering
- South Africans are renting dead bodies to scam life insurers
- Some light at the end of the load shedding tunnel: new independent power plants could be connected to the grid by February. Here’s what is coming online and when.
- US president Donald Trump's team released a video of him as Thanos, the villain who commits genocide in the 'Avengers' movies, and people are puzzled
- Inside the closed-door meeting where Boeing tried to reassure 737 Max stakeholders as the airlines and passengers get ready to fly the plane again