The iPhone 11 camera design is being roasted on Twitter
- Apple announced the new iPhone 11 on Tuesday - it's the first iPhone released since Apple design chief Jony Ive left in July.
- The iPhone 11 has two cameras, and the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max have three cameras.
- People on Twitter can't stop chuckling about the camera-heavy phone's resemblance to other things - like bowling balls, coconuts, stoves, spiders, and Pikachu.
- For more stories go to www.BuinesssInsider.co.za.
The iPhone 11 has two cameras stacked atop one another, and the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max both sport three cameras, arranged in a triangle. Given Apple's history of making sleek, elegant gadgets, the new phones struck many people as looking decidedly clunky. Some joked that the design was reminiscent of unglamorous objects, from stoves and spiders to bowling balls and... Pikachu.
Check out 13 comparisons Twitter has for the iPhone 11 camera design:
The new iPhone 11 has two cameras, and the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max have three cameras.
Twitter just can't help seeing the Pro cameras as other things ...
Like a bowling ball.
Or Superman's enemy Brainiac.
Some see a fidget spinner.
And an electric shaver.
One person even compared the phone to the monsters in hazmat suits in the film "Monsters, Inc."
There's a certain resemblance to a Furby.
All those shiny cameras might also bring to mind a spider.
Or the Little Green Men from Toy Story.
It's a phone, no, it's a stovetop.
The phone's camera layout reminded a lot of people of a stove.
But you can't really cook a stir fry with an iPhone...yet.
Receive a daily email with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- After 44 years, South Africa’s ‘leading comfort’ shoes Green Cross are now all imported – and the name is starting to disappear from storefronts
- The viral image that showed the scale of a gender-based-violence protest in Cape Town could land the photographer in jail
- 'Yoh, that’s awkward': Nando’s makes fun of Pick n Pay’s chicken advert
- If you have a cheque worth more than R50,000 lying around, you need to cash it in soon
- Apple is being roasted for calling its new feature 'slofies' - which one person pointed out are flip flops in SA
- These are Apple's new iPhones: the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max