An Australian Instagram star with 2 million followers has some pretty intense dress code requirements for guests attending her wedding
- Wedding guests of Instagram star Pia Muehlenbeck have been told to wear "muted earth ones."
- The instructions were issued with a mood board on the couple's wedding website.
- They are due to marry in December.
You only get married once (in an ideal world), so brides and grooms can be forgiven for wanting to create their dream wedding.
However, there's only so much a couple can control - what guests wear, for example, is generally up to them.
But for one bride and groom-to-be, this was too much to leave to the unknown.
Instagram star Pia Muehlenbeck and her fiancé Kane Vato have issued a dress code to guests via a mood board on their wedding website, piaandkane.com.
The website is only accessible to those on the guestlist who were given a password. However one invitee spoke to The Daily Telegraph Australia to reveal what it entails.
"Everyone is requested to wear natural earth tones, please see photo inspiration at the bottom of this page," the couple wrote, according to the unnamed guest.
"We would love if everyone could adhere to this direction with their attire. Light, muted, earthy, natural tones."
Bright colours are apparently banned.
In response to criticism of the dress code, Muehlenbeck's management company told The Daily Telegraph: "It is tongue-in-cheek and a bit of fun. It's a helpful guide, that's all.
"Pia and Kane have paid full price for their wedding, no contra."
Muehlenbeck is an Australian influencer with two million followers on Instagram. She has her own clothing line and also regularly posts sponsored content on her account.
The bride-to-be has been keeping her fans updated on her journey to the wedding, revealing that she and Vato are trying not to drink any alcohol in the run-up to the big day on December 4.
She also told followers that even on her birthday earlier this month, she adhered to a strict diet: "I am still 'shredding for the wedding' so today's birthday celebrations consisted of two gym workouts and not a drop of alcohol!"
The couple are trying to keep their wedding plans as secret as possible, having reportedly not revealed the location to guests but merely told them they'll be picked up and taken to the event.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- These are all the best deals you can expect on Black Friday 2018
- A chemical found in some vape flavours has been linked to an irreversible condition called 'popcorn lung'
- Schweppes changes its labels in South Africa after complaints they were too confusing
- The mega rich are bailing out of Britain in the thousands, and many are moving to Australia
- Woolworths food prices rose by more than its competitors — but it may be stealing their customers anyway
- 11 things that are ruining your dyed hair