Huawei just launched new earphones in SA - here's how they compare to the other big brands
- Huawei's new wireless earbuds, the Huawei FreeBuds 3i, hit South African shelves this week.
- At R1,999, the earbuds are far cheaper than its competitors' new ranges.
- The Samsung's Galaxy Buds Live cost R3,999, while Apple's latest Airpods Pro go for R4,999.
- The battery life on the new Huawei earphones' is somewhat shorter, though.
- For more articles, go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Huawei's new wireless earphones, the Huawei FreeBuds 3i, were launched in South Africa this week - at a much cheaper price point than its competitors.
Like the other earphones, Huawei's new earbuds come with a noise cancellation feature, allowing the user to hear music, calls and movie audio effects more clearly and uninterrupted.
Its noise cancellation comes via two outward-facing microphones and another inward-facing microphone.
“While the outward-facing mic detects ambient noise to actively counter with anti-noise, the inward-facing mic picks up the other noises in your ears for further cancellation, actively lowering background noise by up to 32 decibels,” said the company in a statement.
The noise cancellation feature can be activated by a double tap, and is also aided by its conical ear tips, which provide an airtight seal, according to Huawei.
Like the Airpods Pro, the Huawei earphones come with three different sizes of silicon tips – a feature not included in Samsung's Galaxy Buds Live.
Pairing the earphones to other Huawei devices seems relatively seamless. Users will get a notification on their Huawei smartphone for automatic pairing as soon as the earphone case is open. Users can also see the earphones’ battery life and the case’s charging status on their smartphones.
Huawei FreeBuds 3i users can listen to music for up to 3.5 hours on a single charge - which is somewhat shorter than its competitors.
With Airpods Pro, users have up to 4.5 hours of listening time with a single charge, and up to 5 hours with noise cancellation deactivated.
The Galaxy Buds Live trounces both of those with up to six hours of battery life.
The new Huawei's charging case battery life is 14.5 hours.
While Apple's Airpods Pro come only in white, you can choose between black or white Huawei FreeBuds.
The Samsung Galaxy Buds have an additional colour option: "Mystic Bronze".
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- 12,000 South Africans could still die from Covid by end-2020 under a new 'best-case' scenario
- Up to 730,000 free NSFAS Covid laptops may now be much less fancy – and arrive in 2021
- Here's why Capitec's CEO goes to 'inbox zero' every day
- A complex has obtained a court order to stop one resident from parking badly
- How a 16-year old from Pretoria started an export business in a garage - and changed bike racing