How to turn off in-app purchases on your iPhone, so your kids don't accidentally run up your credit card
- You can turn off in-app purchases on your iPhone using its Screen Time settings.
- It's helpful to turn off in-app purchases on an iPhone if you're worried about your kids buying expensive add-ons by accident, or for other security reasons.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
In a moment of endearing celebrity relatability, Kanye West once said he was sick and tired of all the in-app purchases made by his kids on their mobile device.
You can also protect yourself from pesky, predatory app purchases that may charge you without your even realizing it.
Here are the five simple steps you can take to protect your credit card from being hit with any unwanted or unintended in-app purchases.
How to turn off in-app purchases on your iPhone
1. Go into your iPhone and open the Settings app.
2. Tap "Screen Time." You can use the Search bar at the top to find Screen Time.
3. Open the "Content & Privacy Restrictions" tab. Enable Content & Privacy Restrictions.
4. Once enabled, you'll be able to open the "iTunes & App Store Purchases" tab.
5. Tap "In-app Purchases." The default setting will be "Allow." Switch the checked setting to "Don't Allow."
You're all set. Any attempt to make an in-app purchase will be met with a message saying they aren't permitted.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Some ‘farm-fresh milk’ in South Africa is actually imported from Poland – here’s how to tell
- The USA nearly blew up the global postal system – and that is good news for the South African Post Office
- Elon Musk just sold his R60 million home that overlooks Los Angeles. Here's a look inside.
- These are the top-paying second languages in SA – with salaries close to R500,000 a year
- The Supreme Court of Appeal has upheld a R1.7 million award to a widow from the security company that employed her husband’s murderer
- Watch: South Africa’s first crop-spraying drones can legally fly from today – saving farmers millions