How to use Shazam on Snapchat to identify and save any song playing nearby
- You can "Shazam" on Snapchat to quickly identify nearly any song playing within earshot.
- To use Shazam on Snapchat, simply press and hold your finger on the main camera screen.
- Shazam will then identify the song playing near you, and give you the option to close Snapchat and open a music-playing app.
- For more articles, go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
While Shazam exists as its own app to recognise music, you can also use the service within Snapchat as well.
Once you begin scanning songs, you'll be able to find a list of all the songs you've identified within your Snapchat settings.
How to Shazam a song on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android, and stay on the camera screen.
2. Press and hold your finger on the camera screen while music plays in the background. Snapchat's Shazam feature should be able to pick up the sound using your device's microphone, and will show a moving cycle of music notes and icons as it listens.
3. As soon as Shazam recognises the song, a pop-up will appear with the cover art, song title, and artist name. Tap the "Listen" option to open a music streaming app, or the "Song Info" option to view more details. You can also tap the three dots in the upper-right corner to share or send the song.
4. On the information page, you can play a preview of the song, or scroll down to see the song's lyrics. Swipe down to close the window.
5. You may also find the "Song Finder" option on your camera screen, among your filters. This Song Finder works the same way as using Shazam normally, and will give you the same results.
Once you've Shazamed a song, it'll be added to a list of all the songs you've identified. To find that list:
How to see a list of songs you Shazam'd on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the upper-left corner.
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your profile page to open your settings.
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find "Shazam" on the list. Tap it.
4. This will open a list of all the songs you've Shazamed recently. Scroll through the list and tap on a song to view its details, or swipe the left to tap "Delete." This will remove it from the list.
Product Card Module: 11 Card size: smallProduct Card Module: Galaxy S10 Card size: small
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- SAB gets permission to move beer - but still had to dump some of it
- A new cellphone number may mean trouble: What we just learnt about the R350 Covid-19 grant
- Game now sells food and groceries on Uber Eats – sometimes for cheaper than competitors do in store
- Huawei’s new smartphone launches in SA this month – without Google apps
- Pineapple prices explode as South Africans rush to brew their own beer